Maki Watanabe graduated from Design & Creation Course of Fashion Creative Faculty and joined Ziggy Vamp Inc. in March 2017. In August, she started to work for J Plus Minus Ltd.
- Tell me advantages of joining ESMOD.
- Becoming a designer is my dream from high school, so I joined ESMOD. At first, I aimed at Bunka Fashion College, but my high school teacher recommended me the small school, so I decided to become an ESMOD student. The greatest advantage was that many teachers are pursuing their professional career in the fashion industry and that I could easily contact them and asked questions or advice. I realized that what I loved in high school was actually not what I loved and that was thanks to teachers who understood well me. I could finish second year studies because Goto and Elodie cared for me in second year. If I had not learnt under Franck and Aoyama, I could not have completed school.
- What did you gain in ESMOD?
- Meeting with my teachers improved my techniques and mentality. I couldn’t express what I love in word before, even though I could create it. Doing presentations many times in ESMOD improved my communication skills.
- What is your future vision?
- I want to build up my own company. The owner of the brand “Dangerous Nude” which I sell now presented me a Taiwanese who will start his business in Japan in August, and I will work for him as salesperson and designer. After gaining experience there, I want to move to Italy soon to study art. It will be followed by my own brand launching and fashion show organisation. I will build up my company before I will be 30 years old!
- Please give a message to ESMOD applicants.
- Never give up and keep on going to your future dream. If you love it, then you can challenge and overcome any difficulties for it. Go for it!