KENTO FUKATSUKENTO FUKATSU
- ◆ How you got into ESMOD?
- After graduating from college, my mother worked in Isetan, and I wondered if I would like to work in a familiar fashion, but I became a salary man in charge of accounting in the game SEGA at the recommendation of my parents. However, there is a Lehman shock in the third year of joining, and there is a desire that I do not want to regret to become 25 years old because I was recruiting a desired retiree, and I left SEGA and wanted to do the way of the designer Decided to aspire. Even though my mother was from Bunka Fashion College, I thought that S-mode was a small group, and I joined the open campus and decided to enter immediately.
- ◆ What did you get in two years of the Fashion Technology Department?
- It is great to be able to create patterns yourself. Even if you become a designer, it is very important to know the pattern. As there were warriors from various places in the class, I think I was able to grow in an environment where I can work hard. Every classmate was a rival, and every day was learning how to improve my personality. When I was in first grade, I made basket clothes with a rattan and had them exhibited at a shop called Candy in Shibuya. At that time, I stopped by the eyes of Lady Gaga, who happened to be visiting Tokyo, and I rented out my clothes, but unfortunately I was not allowed to wear it. In my graduation collection, I didn’t want to make the same one. At that time, when I went from Ome to Ebisu, I saw a girl of the same-generation recruit suit that I see on the train and a person who enjoys the color of the hair in Harajuku and now I have learned in Smode. I came up with how to create a design called Jacsta Position. How do you combine the girl who makes hair colorful with the person who wears a suit by the method of combining the irrelevant ones and creating a new one? How about making a hat from the teacher of those days? It was said that I made a hat with hair as a hint, and I decided to put on a jacket from the top of the hat. I made a wig so that my eyes could see through the gaps in my hair, but I borrowed the jacket for filming for Lady Gaga and I was able to wear it this time!
- ◆ Tell me how you started your company.
- One time I went to see the collection of Stephen, the designer of INPROCESS who was a teacher of S-mode, and when I participated in the launch of the show, I started talking with a foreigner. Why are you not independent? It is scolded. Japanese have sankaku between maru and bat. I excuse myself that I can not do now because I have no money. Foreigners have only Maru and Xatsu. It’s not a sankaku where you are, it’s a bum. If you buy a T-shirt for 100 yen, draw a picture and sell for 1000 yen, isn’t it? When. That being said, I started to brand and started (laughs)
- ◆ Tell me the brand concept。
- The name Metaphor was inspired by Dadaism, who was taught in Stephen’s lecture. Metaphor is a technique that expresses certain aspects of things with something that can be imaged more specifically, and refers to metaphorical expression. I would like to express what I feel and the changing times in fashion. I think that it is an expression of one’s ownness to break and rebuild what is originally.
- ◆ Tell us your vision for the future.
- Little by little, inquiries from overseas buyers are increasing. From now on, I will keep quicker response in mind and would like to strengthen PR and sales activities. First of all, to get to know more brands. I want to keep a good balance between creative and business so as not to end with self-satisfaction.